There’s a lot of things to do in Patmos, and part of the fun of a holiday is discovering your own favourite spots for yourself. Here’s a selection of some of our top tips for the best things to do in Patmos.
Attractions to visit in Patmos
- The Monastery of Saint John the Theologian that dominates the highest point of Chora is a living cultural monument
- The Museum of the Monastery of Saint John the Theologian
- The Holy Cave of the Apocalypse where Saint John the Evangelist wrote the prophetic book of Revelation in 95 A.D.
Where to eat in Patmos
- At Benetos in Sapsila for gourmet cuisine and trendy cocktails
- At Giagos in the Chora for grilled octopus and socializing
- At Tzivaeri in Skala for delicious Greek-Cretan cuisine
- At Astivi late at night for pizza and drinks
- At the taverna at Lambi beach for fresh fish by the sea
Events in Patmos
- The famous International Film Festival of Patmos (IFFP) has been established for many years and hosts many successful events.
- Parties of George Place and Agriolivado in August promises all night long dancing on the beach.
Patmos Day Trips you have to take
- A full day boat trip to enjoy Psili Ammos beach and food at the local taverna there.
- Don’t miss a visit by boat or yacht to the islands of Marathi, Aspronisi and Tiganakia, Arkioi. They have the most beautiful water in the Mediterranean!